Water & Sewer
- The City requires a $150.00 deposit to start water and sewer service. We accept cash, check or money order.
- Water and sewer bills are mailed out the first of every month.
- Bills are due on the 15th of each month. A 10% penalty is applied to balance on the 16th.
- Water service will be disconnected if bill is not paid in full by the 25th, and a $30 reconnect fee will be applied.
- A drop box is available at the front entrance and in the parking lot for after hour payments. (Please do not put cash in drop box).
- There will be a $20 service fee charged for all returned checks.
- The City allows installation of sewer deduct meters for measuring water used for outside watering. Any questions you can contact our office.
City of Walton, Kentucky
Ordinance No. 1998-09
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING PARAGRAPH 14 OF SECTION TWO OF ORDINANCE NO. 1991-27, AN ORDINANCE REPEALING ORDINANCE 1989-8, 1990-7, 1991-20, AND ADOPTING RULES, REGULATIONS, TAP-ON CHARGES, RATES, METER INSTALLATION FEES, AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE APPLICABLE TO THE COMBINED AND CONSOLIDATED WATER AND SEWER SYSTEM OF THE CITY OF WALTON, KENTUCKY.
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE CITY OF WALTON, KENTUCKY AS FOLLOWS:
Paragraph 14 of Section Two of Ordinance No. 1991-27, passed December 12, 1991, an ordinance repealing Ordinance 1989-8, 1990-7, 1991-20 and adopting rules and regulations, tap-on charges, rates, meter installation fees, and conditions of service applicable to the combined and consolidated water and sewer system of the City of Walton, Kentucky is amended as follows:
14. SEWER DEDUCT METER
Upon application for installation of a sewer deduct meter, the Mayor may permit the installation by the customer of a US gallon meter to measure the quantity of water being used outside and not entering the municipal sewer facilities. To receive this deduction to the sewer charge, it will be the customer's responsibility to report this reading by the 25th of each month to the billing clerk. In no event can this deduction be applied to produce a sewer bill for an amount less than the current minimum sewer bill, established under Section 22 of this Ordinance.
All other provisions of Ordinance 1991-27 as amended to date remain unchanged.
FIRST READING: July 13, 1998
SECOND READING: July 14, 1998
DATE OF PUBLICATION: July 23, 1998
MAYOR PHILLIP W. TRZOP
JOYCE BRYAN, ASSISTANT CITY CLERK