Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Information
With the growing threat of COVID-19, the City of Walton is working with local, state, and federal officials to adjust plans proactively to help protect the safety and well-being of residents and city employees.
The Mayor has declared a State of Emergency to take appropriate action to protect against the spread of COVID-19. Current steps the city is taking follow.
Access to City Buildings is closed at this time:
- Please use the drop box for your city business.
- Online services are available.
- Your credit card fee’s will be waived until further notice.
- If you need new service, please contact our office at 859-485-4383
Urging all residents and visitors to protect themselves as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC):
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. For added precaution, keep a safe distance from those who have no apparent symptoms.
- Stay home when you are ill, even if symptoms are mild.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Additionally, the city strongly encourages residents to adjust their personal social etiquette practices accordingly:
- No handshaking. Eliminate this traditional courtesy, as it requires close contact.
- Opt for video meetings or conference calls; take steps now to reduce the need for in-person meetings until further notice.
- Don’t pass mobile phones, laptops or other personal belongings to others. Everyone should have their hands only on their own belongings.
- Make hand sanitizer visibly available.
Thank you for your care and commitment during this challenging time.
For the latest information on COVID-19 in Kentucky, please visit www.kycovid19.ky.gov.